The guests will be, as usual, representatives of the European Commission, the European Parliament, International Energy Agency, Romanian Parliament, Ministry of Energy, The Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority and also energy companies.
Thursday Nov, 7 – 2019
9:00am – 9:30am
Registration & Welcome coffee
9:30am – 09:45Am
- Claudia Brânduş – President, RWEA
Giles Dickson – CEO, WindEurope
9:45AM – 10:30Am
Political Parties Views
All the political parties from Romania are invited to share ...
All the political parties from Romania are invited to share their view on the future of the energy system and how the energy transition will have to take place in Romania in order for our country to come out as a winner at the end of this stage.
- Iulian Iancu – PSD
- Cristina Prună – USR
10:30AM – 11:00Am
By Giles Dickson – CEO, WindEurope
Giles Dickson in a dialogue with Ondřej Šafář, Aristotelis Chantavas, Eric Stab & Manfred Bernegger
- Ondřej Šafář – CEZ
- Aristotelis Chantavas – Enel
- Eric Stab – Engie
- Manfred Bernegger – Vestas
11:00AM – 11:15AM
11:15AM – 12:05pm
Aligning Romania to EU’s climate policy – Focus on NECP 2021 – 2030
Moderator: Giles Dickson – CEO, WindEurope
The end of this year will be a critical period for decision makers ...
The end of this year will be a critical period for decision-makers that will have to submit the final version of the NECP 2021 – 2030. As the EU and countries all across the world are pushing for more action in climate policy, will Romania follow their lead?
- Doru Vișan – Secretary of State, Ministry of Energy
- Zoltan Nagy Bege – Vice President, ANRE
- Henrik Dam – Policy Officer, DG Energy, European Commission
- Daniele Agostini – Head of Low Carbon Policy, Enel
- Radu Dudau – Director, Energy Policy Group
- Razvan Nicolescu – Partner, Central Europe Leader For Gas, Oil And Chemicals, Deloitte
12:05PM – 12:10pm
RWEA’s priorities on progressing energy transition in Romania
By Mihai Bălan – RWEA
12:10PM – 12:30pm
RESERVE Project – Towards a 100% RES grid
By Fiona Williams – Ericsson
12:30PM – 13:30pm
Working towards the Energy Transition – instruments and social impact
Moderator: Christian Egenhofer – Senior Research Fellow and Head of the Energy and Climate programme, CEPS
In order for the energy transition to work, it will have to ...
In order for the energy transition to work, it will have to be just. The social impact will have to be evaluated and we will have to find solutions together. This discussion will focus on the currently available instruments and how we can efficiently use them to address the social impact of the energy transition.
- Aleksandra Tomczak – Policy Coordinator, Coal Regions in Transition Platform
- Roman Doubrava – Head of Unit, DG Clima, European Commission
- Alessandro Viviani – Ambrosetti House – Presentation of the study on social
benefits of Energy Transition in Romania
13:30PM – 14:30PM
14:30PM – 15:30pm
Energy Transition – new global business opportunities
Moderator: Mihai Paun – Vice President, Romanian Center of Energy
From a technological perspective, the solutions for making
From a technological perspective, the solutions for making the energy transition happen to exist and they are now emerging as new business opportunities at the global level. Representatives of some of the most important companies will present the tried and tested solutions at the global level that are now ready for developing new businesses in Romania.
- Vasile Cristea – Head of Distribution Solutions, Siemens
- Katherine Poseidon – Policy Analyst, BNEF
- Bogdan Neagoe – PGGA Business Development Manager – Romania, Bulgaria, Ungaria, Ucraina, ABB
- Cristian Pirvulescu – CEO, Enevo
15:30PM – 15:45PM
15:45PM – 16:45pm
Moderator: Florence School of Regulation – TBC
Going towards a sustainable and decarbonized economy and ...
Going towards a sustainable and decarbonized economy and society implies decarbonizing not only the electricity sector but also transport, heating and cooling as well as specific sectors of the industry. Learn how renewables can penetrate all these sectors through direct or indirect electrification solutions, such as hydrogen.
- Alexandru Floristean – Project Manager, Hydrogen Europe
- Patrick Crombez – General Manager, Heating and Renewables Strategic Business Unit, Daikin Europe
- Cyril Harry – Head of Gas Asset Regulation & Analysis, Engie
16:45pm – 17:00pm
- Claudia Brânduş – President, RWEA
- Adrian Borotea – Vice-president, RWEA
Join us and be a part of the transition to an era of new possibilities, new opportunities, new ways of organizing our world. Solutions and ideas will be identiﬁed to make Romania a winner of the energy transition: lower costs, higher gains alongside new jobs in a sustainable world.